REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel, combine or divide classes, to change the time, date, location and to make other revisions in the offerings which may become necessary.
Every effort will be made to make up classes. However, refunds are not issued for activities canceled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Recreation Department.
- Registration fees cover the cost to operate recreation and leisure activities. Additionally, some programs rely heavily on volunteers. When you register for an activity, we depend upon your enrollment for a successful program. Please plan your schedule carefully; we cannot accept responsibility for changes or conflicts in your personal circumstances.
- Program cancellations due to low registration will be made up to two (2) days before the start of the activity. You will be notified by the Recreation Department and will receive a 100% refund.
- No refunds will be made once reservations have been confirmed with an outside source, i.e., seats reserved through a tour/bus company, tickets purchased based on your reservation or instructors hired based on your registration. Every effort will be made to fill your seat/spot if there is a waiting list; see “refunds” below.
5. Refunds will be made for the following reasons:
- Refunds may be subject to a 10% processing fee.
- Activity is canceled by the Recreation Department – full refund.
- On request, when a program change of day, date, time or location prohibits the participants attendance.
- On request, for medical reasons with a doctor’s note. Medical requests during the program will be pro-rated less a 10% processing fee.
- Program is full and the vacancy can be filled by another participant. These refunds are not subject to the 10% processing fee and will be authorized when full payment for the replacement registration is received.
- No refunds will be issued once the program has started.
- All refunds will follow the Finance Department’s bill paying schedule. No cash refunds will be issued. Allow four (4) to six (6) weeks to process a refund.
6. All returned checks are subject to a $20.00 fee plus the bank charges.